BuzzClan (including our affiliates and joint ventures, “we,” “us” or “BuzzClan”) values your trust and is committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal data. This Applicant Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes:
- types and use of information collected during the application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
- retention policies for job application information;
- technologies used to conduct passive collection of job application information;
- applicant’s rights regarding the access and correction of application information
- your rights under privacy laws and regulations (note that not all listed rights may be applicable to your particular situation); and
- security used to protect application information.
This Notice describes our practices in connection with all the information that we collect through the Careers section of our website (our “Careers Site”) and offline in connection with your application for a job or internship with BuzzClan. Personal data submitted elsewhere on our websites will be used in accordance with our General Data Privacy Notice.
3.1 Information we Collect
Information You Provide
You may provide us the following information in connection with your application:
- name, address, telephone number, email address, and other contact information;
- work authorization status and needs for future sponsorship;
- CV, resume, cover letter, previous work experience and education information;
- professional and other work-related licenses, permits, and certifications held;
- information relating to references; and
- any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g., employment preferences, skills, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, awards, or professional memberships).
Except where such information is legally required, we ask that you avoid submitting the following information, which may qualify as sensitive information under applicable law: information on race, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, age, gender identity, sexual practices or orientation, marital status, medical or health information (including disability status), genetic or biometric information, biometric templates, political or philosophical beliefs, political party or trade union membership, veteran status, background check information, and judicial data such as criminal records or information on other judicial or administrative proceedings. We may be required by U.S. law to request specific data on some of these topics (e.g., disability or veteran status) for jobs located in the U.S.; in such cases you should answer only at your option.
To the extent the personal data you provide, including in your job evaluations or educational records, contains details of the information referenced in the preceding paragraph, you expressly authorize BuzzClan to handle such details for the purposes of your job application or for ensuring fair and equitable hiring practices.
Any information you submit must be true, complete, and not misleading. Submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information may lead to a rejection of your application during the application process or disciplinary action, including immediate termination of employment.
In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights, including privacy rights. If you give us information about anyone else (e.g., reference), you should first provide this person a link to BuzzClan General Data Privacy Notice, notify them that you want to share their information with us for the purposes described, and obtain their consent.
Information from Other Sources
We collect Personal Data about you when you visit our website (“Site”), register or subscribe for our services, order our products or services, create an account on our Site, request marketing or publications to be sent to you, give us feedback on our services or our Site. We also may collect Personal Data about you from third party sources, such as someone authorized by you to act on your behalf, third party services that you use that utilize or interact with our services, or where Personal Data has been provided by you at an event. We may also collect your Personal Data from other sources as and when permitted by applicable laws, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms.
3.2 Use of Information
We collect and process information about you for the following reasons:
- because you voluntarily provide this information;
- because this information is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into an employment or internship; or
- because this information is of particular importance to us and we have a specific legitimate interest under law to process it;
The information you submit will be used for BuzzClan’s global personnel recruitment, management and planning purposes, as permitted by local law, including:
- to process your application;
- to assess your capabilities and qualifications for a job;
- to conduct reference checks;
- to respond to your inquiries and communicate with you about your application, and to send you information regarding the Careers Site and changes to our terms and policies;
- to comply with or monitor compliance with any applicable law or regulation;
- to conduct background checks if we offer you a position, subject to applicable law; and
- to preserve our other legitimate interests, for example, for BuzzClan’s administrative purposes, aggregate management reporting, internal training, and as generally required to conduct our business within BuzzClan;
- to comply with a legal obligation; or
- where necessary to protect the vital interests of any person.
We will make the information available to BuzzClan personnel with a business need to know, including personnel in the recruiting, human resources, security, and information technology departments, and in the department responsible for the position for which you are applying.
The information about you will be added to BuzzClan’s candidate database and may be used to consider you for opportunities at BuzzClan other than the one(s) for which you apply. If you do not wish us to do this, please email email@example.com.
If we hire you, personal data we collect in connection with your application may be incorporated into our human resources system and may be used to manage the new-hire process; any such information may become part of your employee file and may be used for other employment-related purposes.
BuzzClan may also use the personal data we collect as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to protect our operations;
- to protect our rights;
- to protect your rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of other individuals; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Providing personal data to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, BuzzClan may be unable to consider your employment application.
3.3 Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
BuzzClan may share personal data with affiliates that are involved in evaluating candidates for a given position. BuzzClan remains responsible for personal data that is jointly used with affiliates.
BuzzClan may share personal data with service providers used for functions such as hosting and operating the Careers Site, recruiting assistance, background check processing, and similar services.
BuzzClan may transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
3.4 Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
BuzzClan operates globally, which means your personal data may be stored and processed outside the country or region where it was originally collected, including the United States. A list of the affiliate companies that may jointly process your personal data is available upon request (please refer to the ‘Contact Us’ section at the end of this notice).
3.5 Data Retention
We will retain personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may also, contingent upon your consent where required, retain your information for the purpose of considering whether your skills are suitable for other opportunities. If you do not wish us to be considered for opportunities other than those to which you apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations, we may delete your personal data from our database without further notice to you.
3.6 Passive Information Collection: Cookies and Similar Technology
We and our service providers may use “cookies” and similar technologies on our website, including our Careers Site.
We may also seek your consent to process your personal data in specific circumstances, or process it where necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for purposes connected to legal claims. If we use your information to improve our application or recruitment process, we do so on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to ensure we recruit the best possible candidates.
Where the processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Data protection and privacy laws around the world may grant you certain rights as described below. BuzzClan intends to comply with applicable laws in all jurisdictions where we operate, and to the extent practicable, we strive to apply the same internal processes to all employees.
Specific rights you may have. Requests under these rights should be submitted as described in the “Exercising your Rights” section below. Please note, however, that certain Personal Data may be exempt from requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations.
- Right to know the categories of Personal Data we collect. See “Types of Personal Data We Collect, Use, Transfer, and Disclose” section below.
- Right to know the purpose of collection. See “Purposes for Which We Collect, Use, Transfer, and Disclose Personal Data” section below.
- Right to request the specific pieces of Personal Data we collect.
- Right to request the deletion of Personal Data.
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have several data subject rights in relation to how we use your personal data. Under certain conditions, you may have the right under EU data protection laws to ask us to:
- provide you with further details on how we use and process your personal data;
- provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold;
- update any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold;
- delete personal data we no longer have grounds to process;
- restrict how we process your personal data while we consider an inquiry you have raised;
- where processing is based on consent, withdraw the consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, it will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and
- object to any processing of Personal Data that we process on the “legitimate interest” or “public interest” grounds, unless our reasons for the underlying processing outweighs your interests, rights and freedoms.
Exercising your rights
If you would like to exercise these rights, please submit your request to PersonalDataRequests@buzzclan.com. If you have questions please contact Privacy@buzzclan.com. We will endeavor to respond without delay. We may need to ask you additional clarifying questions in order to accurately respond to your request. If we are unable to deal with your request fully within one month (due to the complexity or number of requests), we may extend this period by a further two months. Should this extension be necessary, we will explain the reasons why. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Transfers of Your Personal Data Outside Your Country of Residence
Your data may be transferred to countries outside of your region. In some of these countries, you may have fewer rights in respect to your personal data than you do in your country of residence. Some of these countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Do not send sensitive information to us via unencrypted email. It is your sole responsibility to use the appropriate level of care whenever you communicate with us.
BuzzClan hereby disclaims, as far as permitted by local laws, any liability for itself and its affiliates and contractors for any personal data we collect in connection with your application that is lost, misused, illegally accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed or not timely delivered to our Careers Site.
3.10 Link to Third-Party Website
The Careers Site may contain links to other websites. This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Careers Site links. The inclusion of a link on the Careers Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by BuzzClan. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on those sites, including their privacy policies.
Important Note: Warning Regarding Job Offer Scams
3.11 Law Applicable to Job Application
The Careers Site allows you to apply for jobs world-wide, as a benefit of BuzzClan’s centralized global recruitment function. The Careers Site is operated from the United States. Accordingly, any personal data you submit to the Careers Site will be collected in the United States and will be subject to U.S. laws. However, if we share your personal data with an affiliate located in another country in its capacity as a potential employer, the affiliate will handle your personal data in accordance with this Notice. Any hiring or other employment-related decisions will be made by the hiring affiliate in accordance with the laws of the country where the job will be located.
The Careers Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
3.12 About Children
The Careers Site is not intended for minors under the age of 16.
3.13 BuzzClan Personnel
If you currently work for BuzzClan, If you currently work at BuzzClan and are interested in applying to a different position, you can do so with your @buzzclan.com email address via our internal Careers Corner Page. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with the HR manager for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
4. Changes to the Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time in order to address future developments of BuzzClan, the Careers Site or changes in industry or the law. We will post the revised Notice on the Careers Site. You can determine when the Notice was revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend on the top of this Notice. Any changes will become effective upon the posting of the revised Notice on the Careers Site. By continuing to use the Careers Site following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Notice, in whole or part, you can choose to not continue to use the Careers Site.
5. Contact Us
If you have questions or requests, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 5757 Alpha Rd, #340, Dallas, TX 75240 (Attn: Privacy).
By submitting my application, I acknowledge that I have received, reviewed, and understood this Notice and I agree to the terms described in the Notice.